The Property Managers at Coldwell Banker Horizon Realty understand the value of your land.
Property Management is a serious business. At Coldwell Banker Horizon Realty, we understand the value of your property. When you have other business (or pleasure) that keeps you busy we realize how important it is for you to find someone who will care for and protect your valuable investment. Our Property Managers are here so that you don’t have to be. You can relax knowing that your property is in good hands.
- Our rates are competitive and based on the services you choose
- We advertise your property for rent/lease
- We interview and screen tenants. If you want to be involved in this process just tell us how much involvement you wish to have and we will work with you
- We conduct employment and rental history reference checks
- We handle tenant complaints
- We deal with contractors
- We handle deficiency and warranty issues
- We collect deposits and rents
- All money is held in a real estate trust account which is audited yearly under the Real Estate Services Act
- We pay expenses relating to the property from the rent payments. You tell us how much you want us to take of for you and we will work to provide what you need. The services can be customized to suit your requirements
- We deposit your money to your bank each month
- We maintain an ongoing relationship with your tenants and conduct regular property inspections
- We send you a full report at the end of each month which includes a cash flow statement, copies of the invoices for any expenses paid for the property, the receipt for your deposit and a written report from your property manager
- We have experience in dealing with the BC Residential Tenancy Branch Regulations and we put that experience to work for you
- If you are a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes we provide the required reporting to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
- We are the agent of the owner/landlord and as such our loyalty and responsibility are to you. Please see the page on Agency Relationship with Landlords.
If you are a new landlord in BC it would be a good idea for you to become familiar with the requirements of the Residential Tenancy Act. This is one of the pieces of legislation that guides our activities and responsibilities as your agents. Please follow the link HERE. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/housing-tenancy/residential-tenancies